This Speedmaster Moonwatch pays tribute to the 50th anniversary since Omega received the “Silver Snoopy Award” from NASA astronauts in 1970 in recognition of the brand’s contributions to space exploration, including the Apollo 13 mission.
Special edition features:
- An embossed silver snoopy medallion on the blue sub-dial at 9 o'clock.
- The case back is engraved with "SILVER SNOOPY - AWARD OCT. 5, 1970 - APOLLO XIII - APRIL 1970".
- The sapphire crystal case back is elaborately decorated with a vision of the far side of the moon using micro-structured metallization. An animated Snoopy in his Command and Service Module is shown on a hand that rotates when the chronograph function is used. In addition an earth disc rotates once per minute in sync with the small seconds hand.
- Delivered in special-edition box, with an Omega branded eye-loop, a branded Snoopy Eyes On The Stars cloth & book,
Brushed & polished stainless steel case. Polished stainless steel crown & buttons. Blue ceramic [ZrO2] bezel ring with a white enamel tachymeter scale. Silver double stepped dial (dial perimeter & sub-dials), blue sub-dials. Blue central hands with luminous fill. Applied PVD blue faceted hour markers with luminous tips. Fine printed minutes, seconds & fractions of a second index markers. Small continuous running seconds sub-dial at 9 o'clock.
- Chronograph functions:
- Large central seconds hand counter.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial at 3 o'clock.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial at 6 o'clock.
Fitted on its Omega original blue fabric strap with white contrasting stitching & stainless steel tang buckle. The strap is unworn with its full wear lifespan remaining.Movement:
Powered by a manual-winding METAS certified Omega caliber 3861, beats at 21,600 vph (3Hz), contains 26 jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 50 hours. The METAS certification tests water resistance, precision and magnetic resistance up to 15,000 gauss. The movement also features Omega's Si14 silicon balance spring and Omegas Co-Axial escapement. Condition:
In new & unworn condition. Delivered in its original box with all papers. Watch Features: